- Table View
- List View
Over the past six decades, Burt Bacharach's songwriting has touched millions of listeners all over the world. Here, Bacharach steps out from behind the music to give an honest, engaging look at his life--from his work with Hal David, Dionne Warwick, Elvis Costello and many others, to his tumultuous marriages and the devastating fate of his beloved daughter. Growing up in Forest Hills, NY, during the 1930s and 1940s, Bacharach fell in love with music after sneaking into a Manhattan club to see the legendary Dizzy Gillespie. After a stint in the Korean War, he toured the world with Marlene Dietrich, wrote an endless string of hits, scored numerous Hollywood films, married movie star Angie Dickinson, and composed the music for the Broadway hit Promises, Promises. While he soared professionally, Bacharach's private life was dominated by the never-ending search for love--and the heartbreak that comes when it is lost--which is reflected in his greatest songs.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.