- Table View
- List View
Eric and Chris are avid geocachers who stumble into a very strange search for a series of geocaches. At first they are merely curious, but as the stakes rise and the challenges become more trying, the boys get truly hooked. Convinced they are indeed on the trail of treasure, they become consumed with the search, and though their quest tests their strength, intelligence, courage and even their friendship, they don't give up.
Annie learns some hard lessons about family ties when her grandmother moves in -- and takes over!
Shaw is trying to outrun his father's ghost. (RL4.2)
Laurel discovers her passion for investigative journalism when she writes an article for her school paper about the homeless man who's been living at the school. Eager to write more articles with impact, she launches an investigation of a cheating scam at her high school. Laurel's efforts elicit hostility from her classmates. Nobody is interested in seeing her article go to print, not even her own brother. It is evident that the cheating is widespread, and Laurel, caught up in the thrill of the investigation, is willing to commit social suicide to get the story, but her ultimate discovery changes everything.
Nick decides to hit the streets -- he can't bear the thought of sharing his mother with her new husband and the baby on the way. Isn't he enough for her? Thinking his mother no longer cares, Nick takes refuge in an abandoned house, where he meets Luther, a curmudgeonly street person. An unlikely friendship develops between the pair, prompting Nick to study street people for a school project. When his essay ends up on the front page of the local newspaper, both their lives are changed.
Have you ever wondered why girls seem less interested in science than boys? Or why girls don't think science is cool? This Canadian Association of Girls in Science book is the answer to all of those concerns. The young, hip girls, who make up CAGIS Science Squad turn everyday experiences into learning adventures, using their science knowledge and technical savvy to solve the mysteries. Each chapter features a case that the Squad works to solve, a detailed explanation of what the girls have learned, and an experiment that can be done alone or with a group of friends to further enhance the lessons.
The Tomorrow Tunnel. Strangely enough, Ashleigh never gets very far into the book without falling asleep; but the dreams she has, then, bring the future to life in scary and troubling ways.
Liberty is the new girl at school, and everyone wants to be her friend. When she accuses a teacher of assault, doubts start to surface about her motives. (RL4.2)
Zee is torn between making a statement with graffiti and making art. (RL3.2)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.