- Table View
- List View
Eric and Chris are avid geocachers who stumble into a very strange search for a series of geocaches. At first they are merely curious, but as the stakes rise and the challenges become more trying, the boys get truly hooked. Convinced they are indeed on the trail of treasure, they become consumed with the search, and though their quest tests their strength, intelligence, courage and even their friendship, they don't give up.
Annie learns some hard lessons about family ties when her grandmother moves in -- and takes over!
Shaw is trying to outrun his father's ghost. (RL4.2)
Laurel discovers her passion for investigative journalism when she writes an article for her school paper about the homeless man who's been living at the school. Eager to write more articles with impact, she launches an investigation of a cheating scam at her high school. Laurel's efforts elicit hostility from her classmates. Nobody is interested in seeing her article go to print, not even her own brother. It is evident that the cheating is widespread, and Laurel, caught up in the thrill of the investigation, is willing to commit social suicide to get the story, but her ultimate discovery changes everything.
Nick decides to hit the streets -- he can't bear the thought of sharing his mother with her new husband and the baby on the way. Isn't he enough for her? Thinking his mother no longer cares, Nick takes refuge in an abandoned house, where he meets Luther, a curmudgeonly street person. An unlikely friendship develops between the pair, prompting Nick to study street people for a school project. When his essay ends up on the front page of the local newspaper, both their lives are changed.
Have you ever wondered why girls seem less interested in science than boys? Or why girls don't think science is cool? This Canadian Association of Girls in Science book is the answer to all of those concerns. The young, hip girls, who make up CAGIS Science Squad turn everyday experiences into learning adventures, using their science knowledge and technical savvy to solve the mysteries. Each chapter features a case that the Squad works to solve, a detailed explanation of what the girls have learned, and an experiment that can be done alone or with a group of friends to further enhance the lessons.
The Tomorrow Tunnel. Strangely enough, Ashleigh never gets very far into the book without falling asleep; but the dreams she has, then, bring the future to life in scary and troubling ways.
Liberty is the new girl at school, and everyone wants to be her friend. When she accuses a teacher of assault, doubts start to surface about her motives. (RL4.2)
Zee is torn between making a statement with graffiti and making art. (RL3.2)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.