- Table View
- List View
The unspoken legacy of the Vietnam War - the ordeals of the Vietnamese - are powerfully evoked in these fifteen stories, each narrated in a different voice. Pulitzer Prize-winner for fiction in 1993.
The internationally revered, Pulitzer Prize-winning father of geriatric medicine offers a revitalizing plan for living a longer and better life. The Longevity Prescription outlines eight essential facets of longevity: exercise, nutrition, mental vitality, sleep, relaxation, love and intimacy, community connections, and medical care. Based on proven discoveries, the strategies in each of these areas stretch the proceeds of the "three-decade dividend," while delaying or eliminating chronic illness. With step-by-step guidance for formulating an action plan and adopting new habits and strategies, The Longevity Prescription also guides readers through special challenges, such as diabetes and cancer. A baby boomer turns sixty every 7.6 seconds, but many of America's graying millions approach the later years of life with fear and trepidation. Emphasizing clear-cut research findings that balance physical health with emotional well-being, Butler and his colleagues offer a definitive path to whole-life happiness.
Pulitzer Award winner. Although this book was written in 1975 and some material in the second half of the book is a bit dated, this book is foundational to understanding the complexities of aging in the United States.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.