- Table View
- List View
Nancy and Tim and their dog spend the day at the seashore with many activities.
Ahoy! First published in 1950, Golden Books is pleased to reissue this delightful hardcover collection of 24 stories and poems, including Pirate's Cove, The Little Lost Island, and The Careful, Cheerful Sailor by Kathyrn and Byron Jackson. All sea-loving children--and their parents--will be wowed by Gustaf Tenggren's beautiful illustrations.
After a parrot makes fun of Sooki's big ears, long nose, and wrinkled skin, the "saggy baggy" elephant isn't too sure of himself. But once he meets some beautiful creatures who look just like him, Sooki celebrates with a joyful "one-two-three-kick." For over 50 years, parents and children have treasured this tale, with gorgeous art by Gustaf Tenggren, the illustrator of The Poky Little Puppy.From the Hardcover edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.