- Table View
- List View
History textbook for Middle School
American History uses four key strategies to help one become a more successful reader of history, and more knowledgeable about their state's standards. These strategies are: set a purpose for reading, build your social studies vocabulary, use active reading strategies and check your understanding
A textbook on the history and evolution of America.
Imagine life in Jamestown, America's first permanent English settlement. The nation we inhabit now is a much different place than it was then, more than three centuries ago. Yet there are repeating themes- ideas and issues- in American history that tie the past and present together. This book focuses on nine significant themes in U.S. history. Understanding these themes will help you to make sense of American history.
This book focuses on nine significant themes in U.S. history.
Creating America: Beginnings Through World War I -- A History of the United States
Americans have always been quick to embrace inventions and new ways of doing things. After all, this country was settled by people who turned away from old ways and tried new ones. In the past two centuries, new inventions, new technologies, and scientific breakthroughs have transformed the United States--and will continue to do so in the new century.
Creating America: A History of the United States, Beginnings through World War I (California Edition)by Donna M. Ogle Jesus Garcia C. Frederick Risinger Joyce Stevos
As the power and prestige of the United States have grown, the nation has played a much more active role in world affairs. Indeed, throughout the 20th century, the United States focused much of its energy on events beyond its borders. The nation fought in two world wars and tried to promote democracy, peace, and economic growth around the globe.
A Spanish Social Studies textbook.
A Spanish text book that teaches about Social Studies, people and places.
A book which tells us that one should learn about community, neighborhood and history of your country.
While the United States is a land of great differences, it is one country united in many ways. Americans are united by their beliefs in such things as freedom, representative democracy, and the free-enterprise system. The people share important beliefs in freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and the freedom to live and work where they choose. They elect leaders to represent them and defend these freedoms in the government. Yet, all Americans are not the same. They have backgrounds from different parts of the world and have variety in their ways of life. They live in large cities and small towns, on farms and ranches, on the seashores and far inland from the sea. They have many different ways of earning their living. The land in the United States also has great variety. There are mountains and deserts, lowland and highland plains, river valleys and canyons. Some areas get plenty of rain and snow, while other areas are dry. Many kinds of natural resources provide for a great variety of jobs for people. Although Americans are not all alike, Americans often work together. For example, businesses in one part of the country need to buy from and sell to businesses in other parts of the country. Our economic system allows people to start their own businesses and creates many opportunities for work.
This book contains Time for School, In My Community, Work! Work! Work!, Our Earth, Our Resources, This is Our Country, Our Country, Our World, Social Studies Handbook, Biographies, Maps and Skills.
This special section will help you learn about your state and your country.
Social studies textbook.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.