Within supply chain management (SCM), postponement is a deliberate action to delay final manufacturing or distribution of a product until receipt of a customer order. This reduces the incidence of wrong manufacturing or incorrect inventory deployment. Postponement strategies and practices serve to reduce the anticipatory risk in a supply chain. It can be fine-tuned or staged so that only the generic parts shared by a firm's various end products are warehoused, used only once orders come in for whichever products are selling, and will reduce inventory pressures throughout the firm. Despite much existing research in the area, no one book devoted solely to postponement has been published. At its core, Postponement Strategies in Supply Chain Management analyzes how both pull postponement strategy and form postponement strategy can be leveraged to yield substantial benefits to adopting firms in different competitive environments. The book is intended for researchers in supply chain management interested in conducting in-depth studies on postponement strategies. It is also intended for practitioners trying to understand the workings of postponement strategies and looking for guidance and decision support for the implementation of postponement strategies. Therefore, the book can be useful not only for researchers but also for practitioners and graduate students in operations management, management science, and business administration.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.