- Table View
- List View
Henry (St. Anthony's College, Oxford, UK) collects 26 papers coming out of the interdisciplinary faculty seminars on racial inequality, poverty, and antipoverty policy in the United States conducted at Yale's Institution for Social and Policy Studies over the course of the 1990s. Papers consider connections between income inequality and economic inequality, measurement issues of inequality and poverty, structural causes of African American poverty, differential impact of skills on earnings, crime and poverty in inner cities, factors militating against progress for African Americans, welfare and familial hardship, and economic community development policies. Many of the papers are prescriptive in nature, while others explore policy experiences and impacts from the 1960s to 2000. Annotation ©2004 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.