Bhagavad Gita is a sacred Hindu scripture and is a part of the epic Mahabharatha. It is believed to be the advice of Lord Krishna to Arjuna on Dharma on the eve of Kurushetra war. Though Bhagvad Gita requires certain intellectual skill to understand the contents and message, the author in his simple style churns out the essence of Gita in an easily understandable style.
It contains 52 patriotic songs under five chapters of Poet Bharathiar.
Bharathiar’s songs are eye openers and in the nature of awakening the spirit of the readers. This is a collection of Poems of Wisdom (25 Poems), Variety Poems (11 Poems) and Autobiography in poetic format.
Kannan pattu comprises 23 chapters each in which the poet considers God Krishna in various roles as mother, father, servant, king, disciple, guru (teacher), child, lover, master, deity and so on. Kuyil pattu (Songs of Cuckoo) praises the glory of cuckoo in 9 chapters.
The national poet Bharathi was believed to have composed these poems glorifying the Manakkula Vinayakar of Puducherry in forty verses.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.