- Table View
- List View
A TOWN WITH SECRETS John Kendall didn't want to go back home to Larimont, Montana. He had to-to investigate the death of his father. At first everyone believed that Bill Kendall had died in a tragic fire . . . until an autopsy revealed a bullet hole in Bill's head. But why was the local marshal keeping it a secret? John wasn't quite sure, so he set out to find the truth for himself. Even after the town drunk was accused of the murder, then conveniently shot, John still had his doubts. But the more he looked into his father's death, the more secrets he uncovered-and the more resistance he met. It seemed there were a whole lot of folks who didn't want John nosing around, folks with a whole lot to lose if the truth came out. But John wouldn't stop until he dug up the last secret. Even if it was one better left buried.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.