- Table View
- List View
No university affiliations. No half-truths. No out-of-touch authors who haven't been in school for decades. A class project turned company, College Prowler produces guidebooks that are written by actual college students and cover the things students really want to know. Unlike other guides that jam everything into a five-pound book and devote only two pages to each college, our single-school guidebooks give students only the schools they want and all the information they need. From academics and diversity to nightlife and sports, we let the students tell it how it is. In addition to editorial reviews and grades for 20 different topics, more than 80 percent of each guide is composed of actual student reviews of their school. Whether readers are looking for "Best and Worst" lists, "Did You Knows?" or traditions, College Prowler guides have it all. Our books are the only place for local slang, urban legends, and tips on the best places to find a date, study, or grab a bite to eat.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.