- Table View
- List View
Businesses implementing great changes are often heavy on "hard" methods, such as Six Sigma, and lack the means to achieve "human" results, encouraging boardroom presence and response, say the authors. In this volume, they describe approximately 60 diverse methods for implementing change in organizations big and small. With almost twice the coverage of the first edition, both "hard" and "human" methods are introduced in accessible language, offering theoretical basis and including matrices and case studies to demonstrate implementation. The methods are organized by the sort of change they are meant to achieve, such as support, planning, structuring and improving. Some methods discussed include: Conversation Café, participative design, study circles, scenario thinking, human systems dynamics, and appreciative inquiry. Abundant support materials help readers navigate, select, and mix-and-match the methods. Intended audience includes middle, project and senior managers; community leaders and activists; internal and external consultants; business re-engineering groups; and students of change. Annotation ©2007 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.