- Table View
- List View
Businesses implementing great changes are often heavy on "hard" methods, such as Six Sigma, and lack the means to achieve "human" results, encouraging boardroom presence and response, say the authors. In this volume, they describe approximately 60 diverse methods for implementing change in organizations big and small. With almost twice the coverage of the first edition, both "hard" and "human" methods are introduced in accessible language, offering theoretical basis and including matrices and case studies to demonstrate implementation. The methods are organized by the sort of change they are meant to achieve, such as support, planning, structuring and improving. Some methods discussed include: Conversation Café, participative design, study circles, scenario thinking, human systems dynamics, and appreciative inquiry. Abundant support materials help readers navigate, select, and mix-and-match the methods. Intended audience includes middle, project and senior managers; community leaders and activists; internal and external consultants; business re-engineering groups; and students of change. Annotation ©2007 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.