- Table View
- List View
The Everything Accounting Book is a great beginner's guide for the basics of accounting.
What's the difference between growth investing and value investing? How much risk is acceptable? Does anyone really read a prospectus? Even in the best economic conditions, investment decisions can be overwhelming. In a down economy, it can be downright frightening! But with this helpful guide, you'll learn to successfully navigate the financial markets with confidence. Written by a seasoned investment advisor, this guide features: Exchange-traded funds, the popular investing trend Step-by-step guidance for novice online investors Insider advice on choosing the right financial advisor How to minimize investing taxes . . . and keep more profits The best ways to profit in any economy Completely updated to include the best ways to profit in a rocky economy, this easy-to-follow guide shows you how to build-and hold on to-personal wealth. This edition includes completely new material on: Strategies to knock out debt and set realistic investment goals Tips for tracking the your investments Exchange-traded funds (ETFs) The latest information on green investing
The average person has greater need and opportunity to invest and yet less disposable income to risk. Too few people truly understand the implications of the click of the mouse, simply because they do not understand the language and concepts of finance. This book explains the language and concepts.
- The only series especially targeted for the small business consumer - Includes sample business plans and CD to help readers complete their own plan! - Over 600,000 Streetwise books sold! Nearly half of all new businesses fail within the first two years. To beat these odds, a new business needs a plan. Streetwise Business Plans with CD shows readers how to create a professional business plan in no time flat. This book explains how to use a business plan to establish a sound business, develop a complete marketing strategy, and forecast change. The CD includes sample material for use in creating the ultimate business plan. - Completely redone edition of a long-standing successful title - Provides multiple samples of pre-written text for every part of your plan - Includes two complete sample business plans Whether they're expanding an established enterprise or opening a one-person shop, readers get their new business off to a good start with Streetwise Business Plans with CD!
Incorporating your business can provide numerous legal and financial advantages - it also has long-term ramifications on how you manage and structure your organization. Streetwise Incorporating Your Business will not only educate you about the benefits of incorporating your business, but will also help you determine which corporate form and structure will be the most advantageous for your personal circumstances.You will learn the details of many critical business issues, including:Whether an S corporation or a C corporation is better for your organizationWhich state and federal regulations will affect your corporationHow to avoid hidden costs associated with incorporating your businessTax planning strategies and required accounting practicesStreetwise Incorporating Your Business will lead you through each decision, from choosing the best location to incorporate, deciding which information to include in official government filings, and learning how to organize board and shareholders meetings.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.