- Table View
- List View
"Caitlin Moran is the profane, witty and wonky best friend I wish I had. She's the feminist rock star we need right now."-Ayelet Waldman, author of Bad Mother "Caitlin Moran is so fabulous, so funny, so freshly feminist. I don't want to be like her-I want to be her." -Peggy Orenstein, author of Cinderella Ate My Daughter Caitlin Moran puts a new face on feminism, cutting to the heart of women's issues today with her irreverent, transcendent, and hilarious How to Be a Woman. "Half memoir, half polemic, and entirely necessary," (Elle UK), Moran's debut was an instant runaway bestseller in England as well as an Amazon UK Top Ten book of the year; still riding high on bestseller lists months after publication, it is a bona fide cultural phenomenon. Now poised to take American womanhood by storm, here is a book that Vanity Fair calls "the U.K. version of Tina Fey's Bossypants....You will laugh out loud, wince, and-in my case-feel proud to be the same gender as the author."
Possibly the only drawback about the bestsellingHow To Be A Womanwas that its author, Caitlin Moran, was limited to pretty much one subject: being a woman. MORANTHOLOGYis proof that Caitlin can actually be #145;quite chatty#146; about many other things, including cultural, social and political issues which are usually the province of learned professors, or hot-shot wonks #150; and not a woman who once, as an experiment, put a wasp in a jar, and got it stoned. These other subjects include: Caffeine | Ghostbusters | Being Poor | Twitter | Caravans | Obama | Wales | Marijuana Addiction |Paul McCartney | The Welfare State | Sherlock | David Cameron Looking Like Ham | Amy Winehouse | Elizabeth Taylor#146;s Eyes | Michael Jackson#146;s Funeral | #145;The Big Society#146; | Big Hair | Nutter-letters | Failed Nicknames | Wolverhampton | Squirrels#146; Testicles | Sexy Tax | Binge-drinking | Chivalry | Rihanna#146;s Cardigan | Boris Johnson #150; Albino Shag-hound | Party Bags | Hot People| Transsexuals | The Gay Moon Landings | My Own, Untimely Death
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.