- Table View
- List View
Using the imagery of the psalms as a backdrop, author Calvin Miller explores our hunger for intimacy with our Holy God. Insisting that the pathway to God's holiness is through a journey into our own selves, Miller yet maintains that our end is not to know ourselves but to know Christ. Our hunger for the Holy leads us to a table for two in a quiet wilderness. Here, Miller says, we meet as "ardent lovers in the lonely desert of the human heart. There, he speaks as much as we do, and even when both of us say nothing, we are rapt in a welded oneness." In Miller's inimitable style, he graciously invites us to satisfy our hunger for the holiness of God as we meditate on the psalms and are challenged to know the God of the universe in a personal, intimate relationship.
All Christians know this song. Many grew up singing it. Even now, the familiar notes are no doubt sounding in your mind: "Jesus loves me...this I know...for the Bible tells me so..." But have you ever stopped and actually thought about the meaning behind those words? No other song more succinctly and plainly states the basic elements of faith than this simple hymn. Within those three words and the rest of the song are found the basic tenets of Christianity. We learn this as a child. But as we grow older, and the cares of the world begin to invade our days, we slowly forget. We allow the complications of life to supersede the simple fact of God's enduring grace. In Jesus Loves me, author Calvin Miller seeks to remind believers of the foundational and abiding truths contained in this children's hymn by exploring it verse by verse, including the little-known second and third stanzas. Using his own moving illustrations, as well as quotes from Scripture, well-known writers, and historical figures, Miller lovingly paints a picture of a God who loves us first and will love us last, even in the midst of our everyday grind. Problems at home? Yes, but Jesus loves you. Problems at work? Perhaps, but Jesus loves you. Problems with money, children, love? Yes, yes, yes...but Jesus loves you. A book to share with others and give with joy, Jesus Loves Me will deepen your understanding of God's love and inspire you to a deeper faith. Book jacket.
Author of "Miracles and Wonders" and "With Wings Like Eagles," Miller is a pastor, poet, theologian, and painter. This is his latest theology book.
Miller investigates the Scriptures and modern testimonials, analyzing the discrepancy between science and miracle, and explores such perplexing questions as why God chooses to intervene on some occasions but not on others.
Once upon a tree...there was a Savior. Have you seen the Cross?...Have you felt its splintered beams? Have you heard its call? Have you grasped its peculiar teachings of death and life and love and hope? Have you heard the man nailed against its rough grain call your name? Once in a great while, a writer paints a picture with words that leave you breathless. On rare occasions, an author captures the sights, the sounds, the scandal of a premier historical event and impresses them upon your heart. Master teacher Calvin Miller has done all this and more in this signature book on the mysteries and meanings of the Crossof Christ. If you think you have already seen the cross, heard its story, and know its meaning, this book will change your mind. It will do more than that; it will transform your life.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.