- Table View
- List View
After an injury leaves soldier Owen Archer with only one eye, he turns sleuth and heads to York to solve two murders. There, he meets Lucie Wilton, wife of Nicholas, the apothecary. The plot thickens when Nicholas is beset with a strange illness, and secrets from Lucie's family's past come back to disrupt the settled life she shares with her husband..
Eighth book of the Owen Archer mystery series
This novel is about the plotting and counter-plotting that surrounds the claims for the throne of Scotland.
Second book in Margaret Kerr mystery series set in Scotland at the time of Robert the Bruce.
On behalf of the Duke of Lancaster, Owen Archer, a former soldier, journeys to Wales to help thwart a French invasion.
A man has drowned in the River Ouse, not accidentally. Why should he be killed? Renowned for solving many crimes, one-eyed spy Owen Archer is immediately drawn into the case. He realises that it isn't a simple question of one victim, one suspect. And when a valuable cross goes missing and a woman is badly burnt in mysterious circumstances, the web of deceit widens. Then another body is found in the river. And as Owen and Jasper get closer to the truth, they find their own lives in danger...
Once again Alice Peerrers makes trouble in the King's Court. Owen is now spy for Archbishop Thoresby. After a friend and fellow soldier's betrothed disappears, Owen sets off to help him discover what has befallen her.
When a young boy's mother is killed, and a detached hand is found in the inn, Owen and Lucie begin the investigation. But the list of suspects seems to grow longer rather than shorter.
From Library Journal Medieval mystery aficionados will especially appreciate Owen Archer's third appearance. Archer's "boss," the Archbishop of York, asks him to investigate a nun who claims to have returned from the dead. Unfortunately for Owen, his search uncovers multiple murder.
7th book in the Owen Archer mystery series set in Wales.
In 1297, Margaret sets out for Edinborough with her brother a priest in search of her husband who has been missing for several months. Her search for her husband leads her deep into political intrigue in a Scotland being torn apart as rivaling factions fight to take the throne.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.