- Table View
- List View
When Layla Brennan married her high school sweetheart, Brett Foster, she finally got the big, loving family she'd always wanted: his. Now she's closer to Brett's parents than he is, partners with his sister in a successful pet-photography business, and confidant to his younger brother. She couldn't be more of a Foster if she'd been born one. There's just one problem: Brett wants a divorce. Stunned and heartbroken, Layla turns to the Fosters for comfort, only to realize that losing Brett means losing them as well. What else can she do but sue him for the most valuable thing he's got-namely, his family. Breaking up may be hard to do, but for Layla and Brett it's even harder to undo.Fresh, funny, poignant, and brimming with insight into what makes modern families tick-and what can blow them apart-Family Affair proves that in love and war, everything's relative.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Jordan Landau is having a bad life. At twenty-five, she is attractive, smart, funny and talented. But all that doesn't keep her mother from calling her fat, her boss from stealing her ideas, and her boyfriend from cheating on her. Day in and day out, she sits back and watches as everyone walks all over her.
Twenty-six-year-old Heaven Albright is a failed PR executive turned embittered waitress. Twenty-nine-year-old Brady Gilbert is a struggling independent music producer with no bands and a get-rich quick product idea: Cinnamilka delicious beverage derived from leaving cereal in the bowl too long. What do these two people have in common? Not muchexcept for a shared dislike for one another as neighbors. You see, Heaven has an annoying habit of opening Bradys mail. The tide turns, however, when she rescues Brady from an awkward encounter with his psycho ex-girlfriend, sparking an unlikely friendship and a united quest to pitch Cinnamilk to the founder of Americas biggest coffee chain. But will Brady and Heavens fortune-seeking adventures also brew romance?
If love is in the cards, then somebody stacked the deck. Los Angeles radio DJ Beryl "Berry" Lambert, whose name means luck, doesn't much believe in it--although, thanks to her dear old gambling dad, she's a bit superstitious, certain that everything happens for a reason. She keeps a four-leaf clover in her wallet, never takes off her horseshoe necklace, and won't tempt fate by walking under a ladder or opening an umbrella indoors. Ever.When it comes to love, though, she could use a little luck. Two disastrous relationships back-to-back can mean only one thing to a woman who knows that everything good or bad happens in threes: A third Mr. Wrong is imminent. But fellow DJ Ryan Riley goes against the odds. Their on-air battle of the sexes is a hit for the station and sparks some serious heat after hours. Ryan is funny and sexy, and he thinks Berry's quirkiness is cute. Is their romance doomed by the numbers--or is a girl who leaves nothing to chance finally ready to gamble?Caprice Crane's witty, winsome novel about the game of modern romance proves that with a little luck and the right stakes, everybody wins.BONUS: This edition contains an excerpt from Caprice Crane's Family Affair.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.