- Table View
- List View
Sally Paul is down to her last penny. As she spends it on a cup of tea-to stave off being at the mercy of the workhouse-the last thing she expects is an offer of marriage. . . ;from a complete stranger! Admiral Sir Charles Bright's seafaring days are over-and according to society, that must mean he's in need of a wife! Discovering Sally's in need of a home, he offers a solution. . . ;. They marry in haste-but will they enjoy their wedding night at leisure?
Shipwrecked!Stranded alone on a desert island, he had lived to tell the tale. A triumphant return To The ton saw James Trevenen hailed as Beau Crusoe-a gentleman of spirit, verve and action. But only he knew the true cost of his survival!Scandalous!Susannah Park had been shunned by Society. She lived content with her calm existence. . . until Beau Crusoe determinedly cut up her peace! the beautiful widow wanted to help him heal the wounds of the past-but what secrets was this glorious man hiding?
Three soldiers, three generations, finding love at Christmas 1812: A Christmas in Paradise To save nurse Laura Ortiz from destitution, British naval surgeon Thomas Wilkie has made her an offer this Christmas-a marriage of convenience.... 1855: O Christmas Tree A generation later, it's Thomas and Laura's daughter, widowed lone mother Lilian, who's working as a nurse in the Crimea. Christmas seems a long way away-until Major Trey Wharton helps her bring back the festive sparkle. 1877: No Crib for a Bed Lilian's son Captain Wilkie Wharton is finally on his way home from Fort Laramie. It's a long, arduous, life-changing train journey...which sees him discover his soul mate and the true meaning of Christmas!
On the frontier of a new life...Tired and hungry after two days of traveling, Susanna Hopkins is just about at the end of her tether when her train finally arrives in Cheyenne. She's bound for a new life in a Western garrison town. Then she discovers she doesn't even have enough money to pay for the stagecoach! Luckily for her, the compassionate Major Joseph Randolph is heading in the same direction.As a military surgeon, Joe is used to keeping his professional distance. But, despite Susanna's understated beauty, he's drawn to this woman who carries loss and pain equal to his own and has a heart that is just as hesitant and wary....
From riches to rags, Grace has had to swallow her pride and get a job as a baker. But everything changes when she's the beneficiary of a surprise inheritance.Her benefactor's deal comes with a catch: give up her life of toil and live in luxury only if she marries his illegitimate son, a prisoner of war. It's an offer she can't afford to refuse. But her husband-to-be is dying, and he begs her to take one of his men instead-to marry purely out of mercy....A marriage of convenience with a complete stranger... Could this arrangement ever work?
Ever since her father tried to sell her as a mistress to the highest bidder, Eleanor Massie has chosen to live in poverty. Her world changes overnight when Captain Oliver Worthy shows up at her struggling inn. Despite herself, Nana is drawn to her handsome guest. . . . Oliver planned to stay in Plymouth only long enough to report back to Lord Ratliffe--about Nana. But he soon senses that Lord Ratliffe is up to something, and Oliver will do anything to keep this courageous, beautiful woman safe--even marry her!
Four previously published Signet Regency Christmas novellas together for the first time in a charming new anthology.
Celebrate the joys of Christmas in Regency England where five master storytellers ring in the season with warmth, cheer and love.
As a surgeon in the Royal Navy, Lieutenant Philemon Brittle has proved his bravery countless times. But he's never known the thrill that comes with falling in love. Until he meets the beautiful Lady Laura Taunton, who has turned to nursing the wounded as solace from her unhappy past. Philemon will need to draw upon every bit of his strength and determination to convince the marriage-shy Laura that establishing a life together is the truest path to love and happiness. . . .
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.