- Table View
- List View
This book is a research-based curriculum that focuses on developing students' conceptual understanding and skills through step-by-step instruction.
This California edition of Houghton Mifflin History Social Science contains Introduction to World History, Early Civilizations of Southwest Asia, Ancient Africa, Ancient Asian and American Civilizations, The Roots of Western Ideas, and The World of Ancient Rome.
The major sections of this book are units. Units are divided into chapters, and each opens with a vocabulary preview. The lessons in this book have two parts: core and extend that bring social studies to life and help you meet your state's standards.
This book contains topics on Our Land and Its Government, The Civil War, Transforming a Nation, The Early Twentieth Century, Modern America and Linking to the Present.
Textbook on how communities function.
Social studies textbook about the various states and regions of the United States.
This Social Studies book contains topics on: Our Land and First People, Exploration and Settlement, The English Colonies, The American Revolution, The New Nation, The Civil War, and Linking to Today.
A guide for students on literature.
English literature textbook.
Sixth grade Language Arts textbook.
This book develops and practices the skills you need to study history and to take tests. It also shows you how to improve your reading and study skills.
This book demonstrates the relevance of historical ideas and events today and to your life in particular.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.