- Table View
- List View
This book is a research-based curriculum that focuses on developing students' conceptual understanding and skills through step-by-step instruction.
This California edition of Houghton Mifflin History Social Science contains Introduction to World History, Early Civilizations of Southwest Asia, Ancient Africa, Ancient Asian and American Civilizations, The Roots of Western Ideas, and The World of Ancient Rome.
The major sections of this book are units. Units are divided into chapters, and each opens with a vocabulary preview. The lessons in this book have two parts: core and extend that bring social studies to life and help you meet your state's standards.
This book contains topics on Our Land and Its Government, The Civil War, Transforming a Nation, The Early Twentieth Century, Modern America and Linking to the Present.
Textbook on how communities function.
Social studies textbook about the various states and regions of the United States.
This Social Studies book contains topics on: Our Land and First People, Exploration and Settlement, The English Colonies, The American Revolution, The New Nation, The Civil War, and Linking to Today.
A guide for students on literature.
English literature textbook.
Sixth grade Language Arts textbook.
This book develops and practices the skills you need to study history and to take tests. It also shows you how to improve your reading and study skills.
This book demonstrates the relevance of historical ideas and events today and to your life in particular.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.