- Table View
- List View
Miss Plum and Miss Lavender are wrapping dolls donated to the orphanage for the little girls who live there. They set two aside as extras because one is a rag doll with no shoes and the other is bald, has a backward head, is losing stuffing and also has no shoes. When it looks as if the dolls, Lily and Florabelle will spend Christmas in the trash and never be loved again, seven-year-old Tatty, who can talk to dolls takes them out by herself on Christmas Eve to get them fixed. Find out about Christmas at the orphanage and what happens to Tatty and her dolls who get lost in the snow in this story for children who love dolls and Christmas.
On the quiet banks of the Hudson River in New York, Washington Irving first wrote the tale of Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman. This tale of ghosts and terror takes place in Sleepy Hollow--a village as quiet as its name. Although the hero, Ichabod, was not strong or brave, like so many other American folk heroes, his story has been handed down to us over the years. Just as the stories told by the villagers of Sleepy Hollow made life just a bit more exciting, Ichabod's tale shows how the power of imagination and story-telling can spice up our own everyday lives.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.