- Table View
- List View
From the back cover: While a sorcerer slowly and painstakingly helps Karon regain his memories, Seri returns to her ancestral home of Comigor to quickly take care of some family business. But her continual leadership is desperately needed there... especially when her nephew Gerick disappears. Just as her husband's memories lie in the balance, so does Seri's life, as kidnapping and murder lead her to the evil Lords of Zhev'Na. And though they are strangers to each other, Seri and Karon must join together to fight the sorcerers of Zhev'Na before they destroy both this world and the magic realm that lies beyond.
From the back cover: By the time Seyonne survived sixteen years of slavery, reclaimed his life, and watched it slip away again, he had undeniable evidence of the gods. Now, exiled from his homeland, he is left to face the demon inside his soul. Meanwhile, the Hamraichi have sworn to destroy Prince Aleksander and anyone who shelters him. Assassins abound. And when Seyonne journeys across the borders of the world to finally confront his own haunts and dreams and put them to rest, he discovers instead something both unreservedly terrifying and thrilling. Soon he will become all that he ever feared....
This sequel to Transformation continues the story of Seyonne, the wizard who fights the demons.
Son of Avonar is a 480 page conventional fantasy novel written by the critically acclaimed author Carol Berg and first published in 2004. It is the first book in a series by Berg entitled The Bridge of D'Arnath; Subsequent novels in this series are, in order, Guardians of the Keep, The Soul Weaver, and Daughter of Ancients. Seri is a Leiran noblewoman living in exile. She wants nothing to do with the intrigues of her royal family, the politics of power, the unjust laws of her people. But her world is rent asunder when she shelters from Leiran soldiers a fugitive-a man with the skills of a warrior who is incapable of speech and quite possibly mad. There is more to this stranger than meets the eye. And now Seri must help him remember who and what he is before those responsible for his condition find him... and unleash an apocalypse against the world.
D'Arnath was born to be a Balancer, a most ordinary gift, but it was magnificence of his soul that made him a Balancer of Worlds. Fantasy.
In his catagorization and rating of fantasies, literary commentator Neil Hollands places the Rai-Kirah Saga in a small class of trilogies that sustain power and interest throughout each volume of the work. Roc's characterization of the work reads as follows: Seyonne was not always a slave. Once his people were the guardians of magic such as the land had never seen, protector, and defenders. But the Derzhi came, and enslaved them.Now. years of degradation and misery have blurred Seyonne's memory, and sapped his strength. To his people, he is already dead. And to him, death is all that is left, until he finds hope in a most unlikely place. Sold once again, Seyonne is bought by Aleksander, the heir to the Derzhi Empire. His new master is cold, and heedlessly cruel. But within Aleksander, the seeds of greatness wait. All it would take is guidance from one such as Seyonne once was. But time is short, for demons have also noticed Aleksander, and what they cannot control, they will destroy.... "A wonderful debut novel...hooks the reader with vividly drawn characters and draws us into an exotic, dangerous, and beautifully crafted world. Her heroes come alive on the page, with genuine emotions and concerns." -Lynn Flewelling, author of Traitor's Moon
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.