- Table View
- List View
This definitive work comprehensively examines the role of temperament in the development of personality and psychopathology. Preeminent researcher Mary Rothbart synthesizes current knowledge on temperament's basic dimensions; its interactions with biology, the social environment, and developmental processes; and influences on personality, behavior, and social adjustment across the lifespan. In a direct and readable style, Rothbart combines theory and research with everyday observations and clinical examples. She offers new insights on "difficult" children and reviews intervention programs that address temperamental factors in childhood problems.
World-renowned Stanford University psychologist Carol Dweck, in decades of research on achievement and success, has discovered a truly groundbreaking idea-the power of our mindset.Dweck explains why it's not just our abilities and talent that bring us success-but whether we approach them with a fixed or growth mindset. She makes clear why praising intelligence and ability doesn't foster self-esteem and lead to accomplishment, but may actually jeopardize success. With the right mindset, we can motivate our kids and help them to raise their grades, as well as reach our own goals-personal and professional. Dweck reveals what all great parents, teachers, CEOs, and athletes already know: how a simple idea about the brain can create a love of learning and a resilience that is the basis of great accomplishment in every area. success.Dweck demonstrates that mindset unfolds in childhood and adulthood and drives every aspect of our lives, from work to sports, from relationships to parenting. She reveals how creative geniuses in all fields-music, literature, science, sports, business-apply the growth mindset to achieve results. Perhaps even more important, she shows us how we can change our mindset at any stage of life to achieve true success and fulfillment. She looks across a broad range of applications and helps parents, teachers, coaches, and executives see how they can promote the growth mindset. Highly engaging and very practical, Mindset breaks new ground as it leads you to change how you feel about yourself and your future.1. The MindsetsWhy Do People Differ?What Does All This Mean for You? The Two MindsetsA View from the Two MindsetsSo, What's New?Self-Insight: Who Has Accurate Views of Their Assets and Limitations?What's iIn Store2. Inside The MindsetsIs Success About Learning-Or Proving You're Smart?Mindsets Change the Meaning of FailureMindsets Change the Meaning of EffortQuestions and Answers3. The Truth About Ability and AccomplishmentMindset and School AchievementIs Artistic Ability a Gift?The Danger of Praise and Positive LabelsNegative Labels and How They Work4. Sports: The Mindset Of A ChampionThe Idea of the Natural "Character"What Is Success?What Is Failure?Taking Charge of SuccessWhat Does It Mean to Be a Star?Hearing the Mindsets5. Business: Mindset and LeadershipEnron and the Talent MindsetOrganizations That GrowA Study of Mindset and Management DecisionsLeadership and the Fixed MindsetFixed-Mindset Leaders in ActionGrowth-Mindset Leaders in ActionA Study of Group ProcessesGroupthink Versus We ThinkAre Leaders Born or Made?6. Relationships: Mindsets In Love (Or Not)Relationships Are DifferentMindsets Falling in LoveThe Partner as EnemyCompetition: Who's The Greatest?Developing in RelationshipsFriendshipShynessBullies and Victims: Revenge Revisited7. Parents, Teachers, And Coaches: Where Do Mindsets Come From?Parents (and Teachers): Messages About Success and Failure Children Learn The MessagesTeachers (and Parents): What Makes a Great Teacher (or Parent)?Coaches: Winning Through MindsetOur Legacy8. Changing Mindsets: A WorkshopThe Nature of ChangeThe Mindset LecturesA Mindset WorkshopBrainologyMore About ChangeTaking the First Step: A Workshop for YouPeople Who Don't Want to ChangeChanging Your Child's MindsetMindset and Willpower Maintaining ChangeThe Road Ahead NotesRecommended BooksIndexFrom the Hardcover edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.