- Table View
- List View
Isaac and his family travel to Perpignan to attend the wedding of the daughter of an old friend.
This is an excellent series set in 14th-century Spain. The sleuth is Isaac, a blind Jewish physician. He is often accompanied by his two assistance, his daughter Raquel, and a young moorish boy Yusuf who is apprenticed to him. Isaac and his family find themselves caught up in political and religious intrigue.
Isaac of Girona returns in the two-time Anthony Award-nominated series. Isaac's duty to the ailing Bishop postpones his daughter's wedding. But murder can't be rescheduled when a wounded messenger dies before delivering an urgent missive for the Bishop.
Girona, Spain, 1353. Struggling to save his patients from the plague, and avoiding the even greater danger of his wife's temper, blind Isaac discovers that pestilence isn't the city's only killer. A nun dies in the public baths. Then it is revealed that she is not a nun at all, but an attendant to the queen in nun's disguise. The Bishop of Girona calls upon Isaac to help determine the strange circumstance of her death--and the purpose of her deception. But Isaac soon finds himself and his family caught in a tightening web of royal intrigue designed to destroy the Spanish monarchy--and whoever else gets in the way. First in a medieval mystery series.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.