- Table View
- List View
THE MOST TRUSTED GUIDE TO GETTING PUBLISHED Written by writers for writers and backed by 89 years of authority, Writer's Market is the #1 resource for helping writers sell their work. Used by both seasoned professionals and writers new to the publishing world, Writer's Market has helped countless writers transform their love of writing from a hobby into a career. Nowhere else but in the 2010 Writer's Market will you find the most comprehensive and reliable information you need. This new edition includes: Complete, up-to-date contact information and submission guidelines for more than 3,500 market listings, including literary agents, book publishers, magazines, newspapers, production companies, theaters, greeting card companies, and more. Informative interviews, helpful tips and instructional articles on the business of writing. The "How Much Should I Charge?" pay rate charts for professional freelancers. Sample good and bad queries in the "Query Letter Clinic." Easy-to-use format and tabbed pages so you can quickly locate the information you need!
Novel writing is a popular hobby and this book will provide the would-be and starter novelist with all the tools needed to get started. This title includes a thorough grounding in essential fiction writing skills and clear guidance on how to get published from top industry names. It provides a complete glossary of terms and listing of all publishing contacts needed by an author, from book publishers and agents to festivals and online links. It includes tremendous resource of instruction and information that will prove invaluable to the armies of would-be and practising novel writers.
The Ultimate Writing Coach contains everything you need to know about writing and publishing. It presents authoritative guidance direct from professional writers covering the full gamut of both the fiction and non-fiction market. For fiction, there is coaching on everything from creating believable characters and writing short stories to specialist subjects such as crime and children's fiction. For non-fiction learn from expert advice on travel and technical writing, writing for the web, poetry and biographical writing, and journalism. This invaluable guide also includes succinct, practical guidance on actually getting published, with articles on how to get your submission right for immediate impact, contracts and legal issues, and the financial side.There are handy tips on learning opportunities, whether you're a high school graduate looking to embark on a university degree or a full-time mom looking to take a short course or workshop. And a handy glossary of book trade terminology will ensure you're fully clued up on your industry jargon.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.