- Table View
- List View
This book contains stories of how children lived during the 1700's. It teaches children about America's Colonial period through a series of delighful stories. Children learn more about Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, and Betsy Ross as they read about children who lived during the struggle for liberty. Recommended for children in 5th grade.
The little White Rabbit is a beautiful bunny, but he is not satisfied with his floppy ears, pretty eyes, and soft feet. He wants what squirrel has, then what porcupine has, then what duck has. But his wishing does not stop with tails, and bristles, and boots, now he wants wings. When he gets those wings, things begin to happen! Oh! What trouble the little White Rabbit has! A charming story for young children.
Most dolls lead a comfortable but unadventurous life. This was true of Miss Hickory until the fateful day that her owner, Ann, moves from her New Hampshire home to attend school in Boston--leaving Miss Hickory behind. For a small doll whose body is an apple-wood twig and whose head is a hickory nut, the prospect of spending a New Hampshire winter alone is frightening indeed. In this classic modern day fairy tale, what's a doll to do?<P><P> Newbery Medal Winner
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.