- Table View
- List View
Complete with new beginnings and the promise of happy endings, the Howard Books Spring 2013 Fiction eSampler has an array of debut authors and perennial favorites for you to try out and enjoy. Step back in time with our historical fiction, fall in love with our inspirational romance, and enjoy our contemporary stories. If you would like to learn more about any of our authors or the titles featured, please visit us at HowardBooksOnline.com, follow @Howard_Books, or like us at Facebook.com/HowardBooks and sign up to receive our free monthly e-newsletter to stay informed of all of Howard's fiction releases. With chapter excerpts from the following Spring 2014 new releases: Sinners and the Sea by Rebecca Kanner Friend Me by John Faubion The Traitor's Wife by Allison Pataki The Thief by Stephanie Landsem Healer of Carthage by Lynne Gentry Vow Unbroken by Caryl McAdoo The Shepherd's Song by Betsy Duffey and Laurie Myers Fifteen Minutes by Karen Kingsbury Fearless Hope by Serena Miller Sing for Me by Karen Halvorsen Schreck Fair Play by Deaanne Gist Chateau of Secrets by Melanie Dobson Somebody Like You by Beth K. Vogt Visit HowardBooksOnline.com for more on these and other authors.
A spunky young widow hires a farmhand with a bad reputation to help her get her cotton to Jefferson to meet the wagon train, and sparks fly--but can she love a man who doesn't love the Lord?<P> Susannah Abbot Baylor reluctantly hires Henry Buckmeyer to help her along the Jefferson Trace, the hard stretch of land between her Texas farm and the cotton market, where she is determined to get a fair price for her crop. It's been a rough year, and she's in danger of losing the land her husband left to her and the children, but she'll need help getting both of her wagons to Jefferson safely. She knows Henry's reputation as a layabout and is prepared for his insolence, but she is not expecting his irresistible good looks or his gentle manner. Soon they are entwined in a romantic relationship that only gets more complicated when Susannah learns that Henry doesn't know God the way she does. Dangers arise on the road--but none as difficult as the trial her heart is going through. <P> Will Susannah and Henry's love overcome their differences? And will she get her crop safely to the cotton market with enough money to save the farm? In this heartening and adventurous tale, a young woman's fortitude, faith, and heart are put to the ultimate test.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.