- Table View
- List View
Communication consultant Casey Hawley shows readers how to identify and anticipate ten crucial communications moments, and offers strategies for responding confidently and in ways that leave a positive and powerful impression on all stakeholders. With chapters on the first moment you are offered a job, the moment you are asked a question that poses a challenge to your ethics, and the moment conflict arises with a coworker, this helpful guide offers readers the communication tools they need to get through and make the best impression during these critical professional junctures. Employees can use the interpersonal skills illustrated in difficult, uncertain situations to succeed at their current job, or put them to use in looking for a new job.
Gen Yers are coming into their own. Now making up the largest segment of the workforce at 80 million strong, many are new managers. With so many Baby Boomers holding off on retirement, these new Gen Y managers often must direct people their parents' age-and older. Vast differences in communication styles, job expectations, and management techniques mean that Gen Yers have much to learn when it comes to managing those of their parent's generation, including: How to respond to an older employee who believes his seniority guarantees a promotion and raise, even though his work performance has been below average What to do when a younger manager relies on e-mail, texting, and IMing to communicate with coworkers, and his older employee prefers face-to-face communication How to demonstrate leadership and gain respect from the employees who already have years of rich business experience in the workplace This book is every manager's field guide for managing the new generationally diverse workforce.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.