- Table View
- List View
Communication consultant Casey Hawley shows readers how to identify and anticipate ten crucial communications moments, and offers strategies for responding confidently and in ways that leave a positive and powerful impression on all stakeholders. With chapters on the first moment you are offered a job, the moment you are asked a question that poses a challenge to your ethics, and the moment conflict arises with a coworker, this helpful guide offers readers the communication tools they need to get through and make the best impression during these critical professional junctures. Employees can use the interpersonal skills illustrated in difficult, uncertain situations to succeed at their current job, or put them to use in looking for a new job.
Gen Yers are coming into their own. Now making up the largest segment of the workforce at 80 million strong, many are new managers. With so many Baby Boomers holding off on retirement, these new Gen Y managers often must direct people their parents' age-and older. Vast differences in communication styles, job expectations, and management techniques mean that Gen Yers have much to learn when it comes to managing those of their parent's generation, including: How to respond to an older employee who believes his seniority guarantees a promotion and raise, even though his work performance has been below average What to do when a younger manager relies on e-mail, texting, and IMing to communicate with coworkers, and his older employee prefers face-to-face communication How to demonstrate leadership and gain respect from the employees who already have years of rich business experience in the workplace This book is every manager's field guide for managing the new generationally diverse workforce.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.