Since 1938, the Milady Standard Cosmetology has been the premier textbook for Cosmetology education. Each subsequent edition has evolved with the changing styles of the era while maintaining a firm foundation in the basic procedures and applications of beauty culture that have endured for generations. Building upon the strong pedagogical features of previous editions, the Milady Standard Cosmetology 2012 is vibrant and colorful to capture the visual learner's interest and focus their attention on the subject matter which is the cornerstone of their education. The Milady Standard Cosmetology 2012 textbook takes advantage of the most sophisticated methods for relaying information, stimulating thought, aiding comprehension, and enhancing retention. This new edition contains a completely revised section on infection control principles and practices, new procedures, and revised and updated chapters written by industry experts, as well as step-by-step procedures demonstrated specifically for left-handed individuals. Educators and students have access to over twenty instructor tools and student supplements which greatly increase the chances for student success and make lesson planning simple. Each supplement has been tailored to fit the exact needs of the cosmetology student and match the changes made to the new edition. The Milady Standard Cosmetology 2012 is the basis for your students' success during their education and will continue to be a valuable resource as they progress through their careers.
Milady's Standard Textbook of Cosmetology has led the way in cosmetology education by changing to meet the evolving needs of students and the market. The new Standard is organized into six parts containing 26 chapters, each written by an industry expert in the field, creating an immediate connection to the professional world. This book covers all essential information in a contemporary, easy-to-use manner.
This is the primary student supplement to Milady's core disciplines: Cosmetology, Nail Technology, Esthetics, and Barbering. Each contains chapter-by-chapter questions in a multiple-choice format to help students prepare for their state board exams. An answer key at the back of the book allows students to check accuracy and identify weak areas.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.