- Table View
- List View
A young reader's version of the classic novel about young Christy Huddelson's experiences teaching school in the beautiful but poverty-stricken Smoky Mountains.
Edited by Elizabeth Sherrill, this is a collection of over forty stories and poems that depict the various ways in which God manifests His presence. Topics included are: learning to hear God's voice, God's power to strengthen, God's comfort in the face of tragedy, His protection, and His ability to heal.
Julie Wallace was only eighteen when her family moved to a flood- prone Pennsylvania town in 1934. Here her father, risking their life savings, took over a struggling newspaper, and Julie began fighting to fulfill her dreams. She found herself taking sides as battle lines were drawn between desperate steelworkers and the owners of the mills- and being torn as two young men divided her loyalty and her heart. Then a devastating catastrophe became the ultimate test of courage and commitment-and Julie's special strength would come from love.
this is the story of Catherine's Marshall's dark time, wherein she searched for God and eventually came back to Him.
An instant bestseller in 1951, this is the compelling story of Peter Marshall, the Scottish immigrant who became chaplain of the U. S. Senate.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.