- Table View
- List View
Make those writing dreams a reality with this comprehensive guide that explains how to go from staring at an empty page to becoming a published author.Designed to inspire creative expression and help aspiring young writers achieve their dreams, So, You Want to Be a Writer? takes readers through the fulfilling step-by-step process of becoming a professional writer, from learning how to generate ideas to getting published and promoting their work. Aspiring writers will learn how to tackle writer's block, improve technique, approach publishers, and more. A detailed list of magazines, websites, contests, and book publishers looking for young authors will keep readers' eyes on the prize, while exclusive interviews with bestselling authors and young published writers will keep them engaged and inspired. So, You Want to Be a Writer? includes exclusive insights from well-known authors, such as the late Jurassic Park author Michael Crichton and fantasy author Amanda Hocking, who self-published her first novels to huge buzz. And profiles on young writers who are out there working right now--from a Vanity Fair blogger to a lyricist--give a real-time perspective to the dream profession.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.