- Table View
- List View
If you're in charge of a network, you're probably aware that the only time anyone notices the network is when it goes down. With JUNOS software and JUNOS For Dummies, a friendly book to help you set it up and manage the software, you might be able to start convincing your clients to believe in magic. Here's the help you need for switching, routing, security, interface configuration, and more. Now, you can go inside JUNOS software and understand everything you need to know about operating a network with JUNOS. You'll learn how the control plane handles packet delivery and establishes traffic policies and see how a single network operating system can add stability and reliability while saving administrative time. Plus, you'll find out how to set up a routing protocol that automates configuration of routing tables for greater efficiency and how you can set up individual or group user accounts locally on the route, or on remote centralized authentication servers. By the time you finish this book, you'll know how to: Work with the JUNOS network operating system Set up and configure a Juniper router Connect, manage, and troubleshoot routers and other Juniper appliances Make your network more efficient Configure JUNOS default security features as well as restricted physical access to protect routers Solve hardware, software, interface, and router problems Integrate JUNOS with other systems Complete with lists of the most useful commands, IOS-JUNOS command conversions, and the best place to seek additional help, JUNOSFor Dummies is your one-stop guide to getting started with and mastering JUNOS.
Learn to use JUNOS to make your network reliable!Providing network administrators with a reliable network operating system, JUNOS software is an award-winning network operating system that focuses on security and the avoidance of down time. This easy-to-understand book starts with the basics of JUNOS and walks you through its features so that you can quickly learn how to set up, operate, and add key services.Since the various JUNOS features are constantly being updated to provide your network with the best security possible, this new edition shares must-know information, helpful advice, handy tips, and essential cautions for working with JUNOS. Plus, you'll find out how to set up a routing protocol that automates configuration of routing tables for greater efficiency and how you can set up individual or group user accounts locally on the route, or on remote centralized authentication servers.Starts with the basics and introduces you to JUNOSExplains how to connect, manage, and troubleshoot routers and other Juniper appliancesOffers tips for making your network more efficient and reveals essential cautionsWalks you through setting up, operating, and adding key servicesDetails ways to configure JUNOS default security features as well as restricted physical access to protect routersBreaks down advanced concepts into easy-to-understand segments so you can build your knowledge graduallyThis new edition gets you started using the sophisticated features and techniques of JUNOS today.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.