- Table View
- List View
This book introduces programmers to objects at a gradual pace. The syntax boxes are revised to show typical code examples rather than abstract notation. This includes optional example modules using Alice and Greenfoot. The examples feature annotations with dos and don'ts along with cross references to more detailed explanations in the text. New tables show a large number of typical and cautionary examples. New programming and review problems are also presented that ensure a broad coverage of topics. In addition, Java 7 features are included to provide programmers with the most up-to-date information.
This book is an introductory text in computer science, focusing on programming principles and practices. Why should you choose this book for your first course in computer science? Here are the key reasons.
Cay Horstmann's seventh edition of Java Concepts provides an approachable introduction to fundamental programming techniques and design skills, helping students master basic concepts and become competent coders. Major rewrites and an updated visual design make this student-friendly text even more engaging. The text is known for its realistic programming examples, great quantity and variety of homework assignments, and lab exercises that build student problem-solving abilities. The seventh edition now includes problem solving sections, more example code online, and exercises from Science and Business.
This Study Guide is designed to assist high school students preparing for the AP Computer Science Examination. It is organized and designed to accompany Java Concepts for AP Computer Science, 5th ed., by Cay Horstmann and published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. The Guide may also be used with Big Java, 3rd ed., also by Cay Horstmann.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.