- Table View
- List View
AS LONG AS she can remember, Anna has lived in the same Upper West Side apartment with her parents and brother, Tom; she's attended the same private school and had the same best friend, Katie. Katie has always loved hanging out with Anna's family and escaping the tension in her own small apartment, where her single mom struggles to raise her severely mentally challenged brother. But then something changes. Katie's brother gets violent with her mother and now he's going to live in a home. Suddenly Katie is angry with Anna, and just as quickly they're not friends anymore. Anna's mom tells her that Katie just needs someone to be mad at right now, and that everything will be okay, but Anna knows that she has entered the Goodbye Time--and things are changing faster than she can understand.
Giselle is a cultured ballet student, the daughter of the famous ballerina Marina Parke-Vanova and the late dance historian Grigori Vanov. On her first-ever trip to "Westchest-ah", as her mother's deranged boyfriend Blitz calls it, she meets the most beautiful boy she's ever seen. Will introduces Giselle to the world beyond Manhattan, and for the first time, makes her feel comfortable outside her perfectly protected apartment on Central Park West. But Giselle has some issues to overcome--and some memories about her father that keep rising to the surface. With Will's help, Giselle must come to terms with her family's glorious--and not so glorious--past and focus on the future.
They look so sweet and beautiful...but what is the dark, unlovely truth?Harley's a college guy with a brain in his head. Those old tales about the ballet school and the evils hidden within its walls are for the town's fools and gossips. Then Cassandra, one of the dancers, whirls into his life. Harley is at first enchanted. Then he's doubtful. And then he's terrified. But it's already too late.
A consuming passion turns dangerous in this lush and lyrical novel set in Buenos Aires.When Tessa's father is transferred to Argentina, she is thrust into a world with maids, exotic parties, and a posh international school. Which is where she meets Lucien, the son of a French diplomat. Lucien is sexy, artistic, and volatile. Tessa quickly realizes how naive and American she is, and just how alive he makes her feel. Then Tessa's strict father forbids her to see Lucien. So they meet in secret, which makes their relationship feel all the more exciting. But the harder Tessa falls for Lucien, the more unpredictable he becomes. Suddenly it's not just their relationship that's breaking the rules--Lucien knows no boundaries. Tessa must figure out how far she is willing to go for him...before there is no turning back.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.