- Table View
- List View
This volume provides an overview and an understanding of REST (Representational State Transfer). Discussing the constraints of REST the book focuses on REST as a type of web architectural style. The focus is on applying REST beyond Web applications (i.e., in enterprise environments), and in reusing established and well-understood design patterns when doing so. The reader will be able to understand how RESTful systems can be designed and deployed, and what the results are in terms of benefits and challenges encountered in the process. Since REST is relatively new as an approach for designing Web Services, the more advanced part of the book collects a number of challenges to some of the assumptions and constraints of REST, and looks at current research work on how REST can be extended and applied to scenarios that often are considered not to be a good match for REST. This work will help readers to reach a deeper understanding of REST on a practical as well as on an advanced level.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.