- Table View
- List View
The Adaptation Diet presents a plan clinically proven to lower levels of cortisol, the main stress hormone and a major component of the obesity epidemic. By reducing excess cortisol, you can: * Decrease your risk for diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and high blood pressure * Lose the fat around your midsection and increase your lean muscle mass * Improve your ability to adapt to emotional and situational stress Dr. Charles Moss takes readers through a three-step program--detoxification, elimination of common food allergens, and the implementation of an anti-inflammatory diet--with specific advice on the avoidance of toxins and the inclusion of key bioactive, cortisol-controlling foods and nutrients such as flaxseed powder, cold water fish, specialized herbs, and vitamins. In addition, using the newly emerging science of epigenetics, he explains how diet and environment influence our biological destiny, and he provides more than 100 delicious recipes, as well as menu plans, for life-long control of biochemical stress. You'll learn which foods protect gene expression and help reduce your risk for obesity as well as how to protect your children's gene expression before they are even born. By following the right dietary suggestions, we can change ourselves right down to our genes and reduce our chances for disease.From the Trade Paperback edition.mize your weight, prevent chronic disease, and protect your long-term health.
Based on his thirty years of using acupuncture in an integrative medical practice, Power of the Five Elements presents the Five Adaptation Types, Dr. Charles Moss's modern application of the Five Elements of Chinese medicine. This book provides you with: * A roadmap to understanding why you react to stress the way you do and a comprehensive new approach to improving your ability to adapt * A fascinating synthesis, presented for the first time, of the ancient wisdom of Taoist Chinese Medicine and current mind-body research * Case histories and questionnaires to identify your Adaptation Type and specific, individualized recommendations--behavioral changes, exercises, meditations--to improve adaptation, reduce stress, and enhance healthy aging * A clear understanding of the importance of lowering abnormal levels of cortisol, the main stress hormone associated with heart disease, diabetes, and cancer If you are ready to increase your energy levels, improve your mood, and reduce your risk for serious illness, get started today and discover your Adaptation Type through Power of the Five Elements.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.