- Table View
- List View
The Adaptation Diet presents a plan clinically proven to lower levels of cortisol, the main stress hormone and a major component of the obesity epidemic. By reducing excess cortisol, you can: * Decrease your risk for diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and high blood pressure * Lose the fat around your midsection and increase your lean muscle mass * Improve your ability to adapt to emotional and situational stress Dr. Charles Moss takes readers through a three-step program--detoxification, elimination of common food allergens, and the implementation of an anti-inflammatory diet--with specific advice on the avoidance of toxins and the inclusion of key bioactive, cortisol-controlling foods and nutrients such as flaxseed powder, cold water fish, specialized herbs, and vitamins. In addition, using the newly emerging science of epigenetics, he explains how diet and environment influence our biological destiny, and he provides more than 100 delicious recipes, as well as menu plans, for life-long control of biochemical stress. You'll learn which foods protect gene expression and help reduce your risk for obesity as well as how to protect your children's gene expression before they are even born. By following the right dietary suggestions, we can change ourselves right down to our genes and reduce our chances for disease.From the Trade Paperback edition.mize your weight, prevent chronic disease, and protect your long-term health.
Based on his thirty years of using acupuncture in an integrative medical practice, Power of the Five Elements presents the Five Adaptation Types, Dr. Charles Moss's modern application of the Five Elements of Chinese medicine. This book provides you with: * A roadmap to understanding why you react to stress the way you do and a comprehensive new approach to improving your ability to adapt * A fascinating synthesis, presented for the first time, of the ancient wisdom of Taoist Chinese Medicine and current mind-body research * Case histories and questionnaires to identify your Adaptation Type and specific, individualized recommendations--behavioral changes, exercises, meditations--to improve adaptation, reduce stress, and enhance healthy aging * A clear understanding of the importance of lowering abnormal levels of cortisol, the main stress hormone associated with heart disease, diabetes, and cancer If you are ready to increase your energy levels, improve your mood, and reduce your risk for serious illness, get started today and discover your Adaptation Type through Power of the Five Elements.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.