- Table View
- List View
This basic text with larger than usual type, simple language, and essentially traditional content offers beginning horticultural students an overview of the field, scientific basics, greenhouse management and production, nursery management and production, floriculture products, landscaping, turfgrass, food crops, and tools and technology. The editors cite such improvements in this updated edition (previous edition: 1997) as more photographs, increased technological applications, greater emphasis on environmentally-friendly approaches, some rewritten sections, and a new chapter on horticultural business management. Annotation c. Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
The Fourth Edition of Introduction to Horticulture represents a major step forward for horticulture books in agricultural education. The attractive, student-friendly book has been expanded and made much more appealing. Changes from the prior editions have made this book increasingly useful in the hands of students.
Landscaping is one of the fastest growing segments of the horticulture industry. Introduction to Landscaping: Design, Construction, and Maintenance offers a practical approach to establishing and maintaining residential landscapes. It introduces the various aspects of the landscape industry to students of horticulture and agriculture from a horticultural perspective. This book has been organized in three distinct parts--landscape design, landscape construction, and landscape maintenance.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.