- Table View
- List View
Twenty years ago, against the backdrop of the explosive Watergate scandal, Charles Colson revealed the story of his own search for meaning during the tumultuous investigations that led to the collapse of the Nixon administration. A convicted former special counsel to the president, Colson paradoxically found new life not with success and power, but while in national disgrace and serving a prison sentence. In the new foreword for this anniversary edition of Born Again, Colson describes the day he sat in his prison cell and began jotting down notes of the events that brought about the fall of a president and the rebirth of his former "hatchet man." Those notes developed into this book, which has sold more than two million copies. "All I knew was that I had a story I must tell, a story that might bring hope and encouragement to others," Colson recalls. In a new epilogue, he describes some of the ways the story has indeed brought hope, encouragement, and more.
The new President of the United States was running for office, now he's running amuck.
Do you wonder if you can figure out the world and your place in it? Do you question how your life can be truly significant? Reflecting on his own story and the stories of others, Chuck Colson examines the beliefs and assumptions that form the fabric of our lives. You'll read about: The king of corporate scandals The woman the Chinese Cultural Revolution couldn't break The most tragic figure from Watergate A man recovering from same-sex attraction The film characters who say the most about what's happening in culture now The Good Life searches for answers to the questions we all ask: Who am I? Why am I here? How can I find significance in my life? How can I make my life count? These are the core questions and the central passions of this book. Your answers to these questions will determine how your life story is written. Here's the thing. The worldview you live by has everything to do with what you will become. UNDERSTANDING THIS WILL UTTERLY CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
Christianity is more than a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It is also a worldview that not only answers life's basic questions--Where did we come from, and who are we? What has gone wrong with the world? What can we do to fix it?
This book is a contemporary reminder that "loving God with all your heart, soul, and mind, and strength--and your neighbor as yourself" is still what it's all about.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.