Essentials of Trauma Anesthesia provides a concise, practical review of the essential elements in the care of the severely injured trauma patient, including emergency airway management, fluid and blood resuscitation, regional and general anesthesia, and perioperative care. Edited by two of the most experienced trauma anesthesiologists in the USA, with chapters written by experts from leading US and Canadian trauma centers with the highest and most varied caseload of critically injured patients, Essentials of Trauma Anesthesia identifies new trends in surgery and anesthesiology practices that impact on the management of trauma patients. Dedicated chapters address the management of special populations including pediatric, geriatric, burn and pregnant patients. Covering the most important topics in trauma anesthesia, Essentials of Trauma Anesthesia provides anesthesiology trainees and practitioners with a practical basis for managing trauma patients.
Trauma patients present a unique challenge to anesthesiologists, since they require resource-intensive care, often complicated by pre-existing medical conditions. This fully revised new edition focuses on a broad spectrum of traumatic injuries and the procedures anesthesiologists perform to care for trauma patients perioperatively, surgically, and post-operatively. Special emphasis is given to assessment and treatment of co-existing disease, including surgical management of trauma patients with head, spine, orthopedic, cardiac, and burn injuries. Topics such as training for trauma (including use of simulation) and hypothermia in trauma are also covered. Six brand new chapters address pre-hospital and ED trauma management, imaging in trauma, surgical issues in head trauma and in abdominal trauma, anesthesia for oral and maxillofacial trauma, and prevention of injuries. The text is enhanced with numerous tables and 300 illustrations showcasing techniques of airway management, shock resuscitation, echocardiography and use of ultrasound for the performance of regional anesthesia in trauma.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.