The major sections of this book are units. Units are divided into chapters, and each opens with a vocabulary preview. The lessons in this book have two parts: core and extend that bring social studies to life and help you meet your state's standards.
This book contains topics on Our Land and Its Government, The Civil War, Transforming a Nation, The Early Twentieth Century, Modern America and Linking to the Present.
Textbook on how communities function.
Learn about Tennessee, its people, economics, geography and history.
The history of the United States is an exciting story about people, places, and events. In this book, you'll read about brave actions, tough decisions, and great ideas, past and present. As you study, you'll be achieving Georgia's standards. These are learning goals to help you understand who has made a difference in your nation's history and why the events of the past are so important. The standards also help you develop geography and thinking skills--and understand personal finance.
Learn about Pennsylvania: the land, the people, the history and the present.
To learn everything about Tennessee you have to read this book. You will find details about its people, regions, cultures, geography, government and history.
This book covers the culture, economics, geography, governance & civics, history, individuals, groups and interactions of Tennessee.
Houghton Mifflin Social Studies: The United States, Canada, and Latin America (New York City Edition)by Herman J. Viola Sarah Witham Bednarz Mark C. Schug Charles S. White Cheryl Jennings Carlos E. Cortés
The United States, Canada, and Latin America, inter alia, contains Interactive lesson summaries of Geography, Early Civilizations in the Americas, European Exploration, Creating a New Nation, A Time of Change, Growth and Expansion, Geography and Early People, Spanish and Portuguese Colonies, Modern Latin America, Geography and First Peoples, Colonial Canada, Modern Canada, Government in the Americas, and The Western Hemisphere Today.
History textbook about the past 150 years in the USA.
This Social Studies book contains topics on: Our Land and First People, Exploration and Settlement, The English Colonies, The American Revolution, The New Nation, The Civil War, and Linking to Today.
The history of United States is told in this textbook through the research of historians, through quotations, letters, songs, and voices from the past, and through images, fine art, and data--a rich resource for learning.
This social studies textbook is set in accordance to the Tennessee curriculum standards.
This book is about geographical areas and cultures of different countries in the world.
This textbook contains unit lessons on Introduction to World Cultures and Geography, The United States and Canada, Latin America, Europe, Russia, and the Independent Republics, North Africa and Southwest Asia, Africa South of the Sahara, Southern Asia, East Asia, Australia, Oceania, and Antarctica. The book includes the biographies of nineteen eminent personalities.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.