- Table View
- List View
Understandable Statistics is a thorough, yet approachable statistics text. Designed to help students overcome their apprehension about statistics, the text provides guidance and informal advice showing students the links between statistics and their everyday lives. To reinforce this approach, the book integrates real-life data selected from a variety of sources including journals, periodicals, newspapers and the Internet. The use of graphing calculators, Excel, Minitab and SPSS is covered, but not required. A set of technology resources accompanying the Eighth Edition, designed to provide reinforcement for struggling students, includes a market-leading video and DVD series, interactive lessons, and simulations.
Understandable Statistics: Concepts and Methods, Advanced Placement High School Edition (7th Edition)by Charles Henry Brase Corrinne Pellillo Brase
The seventh edition of Understandable Statistics: Concepts and Methods continues to emphasize concepts of statistics. Statistical methods are carefully presented with a focus on understanding both the suitability of the method and the meaning of the result. Statistical methods and measurements are developed in the context of applications.
Understandable Statistics: Concepts and Methods, Tenth Edition is a thorough, yet accessible program designed to help readers overcome their apprehensions about statistics. The authors provide clear guidance and informal advice while showing the links between statistics and the world.
A condensed and more streamlined version of the very popular and widely used UNDERSTANDABLE STATISTICS, Ninth Edition, this book offers instructors an effective way to teach the essentials of statistics, including early coverage of Regression, within a more limited time frame. Designed to help students overcome their apprehension about statistics, UNDERSTANDING BASIC STATISTICS, Fifth Edition, is a thorough yet approachable text that provides plenty of guidance and informal advice demonstrating the links between statistics and the world. The strengths of the text include an applied approach that helps students realize the real-world significance of statistics, an accessible exposition, and a new, complete technology package. The Fifth Edition addresses the growing importance of developing students' critical thinking and statistical literacy skills with the introduction of new features and exercises throughout the text. The use of the graphing calculator, Microsoft Excel, Minitab, and SPSS is covered but not required.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.