Safe and Healthy Birth... Your Way! Finally, a book that tells you what to expect, not what to fear, during pregnancy and birth! The Official Lamaze Guide is the first and only pregnancy and childbirth guide endorsed by Lamaze International, the leading childbirth education organization in North America. Its goal is to take the mystery out of having a baby and help you better understand how your body works during pregnancy and childbirth, giving you the confidence to make decisions that best ensure the safety and health of you and your baby. Written in plain English with a respectful, positive tone, this book presents: how pregnancy and birth progress naturally, information on choosing your maternity care provider and place of birth, the best available medical evidence to help you make informed decisions, steps you can take to alleviate fear and manage pain during labor, and practical strategies to help you work effectively with your care provider. This book is an essential resource for all expectant parents who want to make decisions they can feel confident aobut for a safe, healthy pregnancy and birth, and the best start for their baby. The Official Lamaze® Guide is a celebrated winner of an iParenting Media Award.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.