- Table View
- List View
This is the amazing true story of thirteen women who don't want to give up on their dreams. They club together to buy a gorgeous necklace, each of them get it for four weeks at a time. They meet every month to find out what the necklace (now dubbed 'Jewellia') has been up to. The club has some rules: if someone goes to Paris, they get the necklace. At least once, everyone has to wear the necklace whilst making love. It's now two years later, and the necklace has been loaned out to nieces, grandmas, friends and granddaughters. It has been worn by brides and colleagues and sisters and friends. And when it's their turn for the necklace the women of Jewelia have worn it for both the daily routines and special events of their lives, to teach school, to work in the farmer's market, to go fishing and skydiving. It's raised money for charity. It's started something. The Necklace is the story of how an object of desire became a catalyst for connection, friendship and more. It's like Calendar Girls, only maybe a bit more glamorous, glitzy and sparkling.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.