- Table View
- List View
Knitters will delight in these 25 traditional and innovative vest patterns collected from around the world and through the ages. Both functional and decorative, these wonderful projects for men's and women's vests are accompanied by folk stories and regional histories from the country of the design's origin, including Tibet, Scandinavia, Guatemala, Japan, North America, and many others. More than a pattern book, readers will feel connected to the cultures behind the projects as they bring these native crafts to life.
Knit Jackets With Style. Knitted Jackets: 20 Designs from Classic to Contemporary is an inspiring collection of 20 step-by-step designs for creating wearable jackets varying from long to short, close to loose-fitting, and every design features gorgeous colors and textures.Knit Fashionable Designs without elaborate shaping. The structure of these jackets is, for the most part, simple; there is no elaborate shaping and most are designed to have a minimum number of seams, allowing them to be "knitted together" rather than sewn.Learn from Clear, Straight-forward Instruction. In addition to clear patterns and step-by-step instructions, each of the 20 patterns in Knitted Jackets has detailed yarn information accompanied by the Craft Yarn Council's standard weight symbol. A dedicated chapter on Materials and Techniques makes yarn substitutions easy.Knitwear Designer Cheryl Oberle has divided her book into three main sections, each with a selection of fabulous designs that can be worn every day.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.