- Table View
- List View
Chemistry: Concepts and Applications is a conceptual approach to the presentation of chemistry. It has a clear and comprehensive narrative of chemistry concepts with just the right amount of math.
Chemistry: Matter and Change is a comprehensive chemistry course of study, designed for a first year high school chemistry curriculum. The program incorporates features for strong math-skill development.
Chemistry: Matter and Change is a comprehensive chemistry course of study designed for a first-year high school chemistry curriculum. The program incorporates features for strong math support and problem-solving development. The content has been reviewed for accuracy and significant enhancements have been made to provide a variety of interactive student- and teacher-driven technology support.
Glencoe Chemistry: Matter and Change© 2008 combines the elements students need to succeed! A comprehensive course of study designed for a first-year high school chemistry curriculum, this program incorporates features for strong math support and problem-solving development. New features for 2008 include content organized around Themes, Big Ideas, and Main Ideas, promoting student comprehension and testing success; more assessment options than ever; Dinah Zike's FOLDABLES, three-dimensional graphic organizers that help students grasp information for review and retention; the latest in Glencoe classroom technology, and much more!
This textbook on Chemistry covers Introduction to Chemistry, Analyzing Data, Electrons in Atoms, Chemical Reactions, Gases, Mixtures and Solutions, Acids and Bases, Electrochemistry, Hydrocarbons, The Chemistry of Life, Nuclear Chemistry and many more...
Chemistry: Concepts and Applicationsis a conceptual presentation of chemistry. Mathematical computations are only introduced where it is necessary to understand and apply knowledge of chemistry. The program is designed to be universally accessible to learners enrolled in a first year high school chemistry curriculum. Benefits Designed for Your Classroom: * Strong visual literacy and reading support for comprehension that allows chemistry to be accessible to students. * Real-world applications that reveal the impact of chemistry on students' lives. * Engaging inquiry skills that allow students to really think like scientists. * Differentiated instructional strategies that address diverse learners. * Integrated technology that saves time and increases teacher productivity.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.