- Table View
- List View
Spiritual warfare explained for every Christian! Best-selling author and popular speaker Chip Ingram explores what every Christian needs to know about Satan, demons, and the spiritual realm.
Based on the biblical model for Christianity, Living on the Edge challenges readers to experience Christianity the way God intended and provides an actual profile of a disciple of Jesus Christ that is relational, grace-based, faith-focused, practical, and measureable. A launching pad for a journey toward becoming a Christian who lives like Christ, this book provides questions and resources at the end of each chapter, as well as directions to continue on your journey through an interactive Web site, where the reader will discover clear spiritual pathways and personal coaching to make it over barriers.
Changing "Love" from a Noun to a Verb In our frantically driven, complex lifestyle, we suffer from fatigue, little margin, shallow relationships, and fractured families. As a result of this driven lifestyle, our souls are dis-eased--they have a lack of ease. This highly practical, comforting book maintains that it is possible to run the race at a different, more meaningful speed. Not only is it possible; it's absolutely necessary. The key to simplifying life, Chip Ingram says, is to make sure love is your #1 priority. Love redirects our focus and unravels the complex, overextended lifestyle that keeps us ever running but never arriving. In Spiritual Simplicity, Ingram explains how to change our love from a noun to a verb and choose to concentrate on what really matters: the people we love the most. Each chapter ends with probing questions to help you process, ponder, and discuss the life-giving principles laid out in this desperately needed book. *** If you crave simplicity, yearn for peace and calm, this book is for you. Through biblical teaching and practical insights, author Chip Ingram goes beyond so-called quick fixes and speaks to men and women who know what they need to do, want desperately to do it, but find it next to impossible to break free of the too many good and important things that flood their lives. The thesis of this book is very simple: Spiritual simplicity will never be achieved by strategic, managerial attempts to control our lives and schedules but through doing less because we love more. As you learn the practice of loving people, you will experience a shift from complex to simple, from hurried to peaceful, from "never enough time" to "time enough for those you love." Lasting change is within your reach.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.