Spiritual warfare explained for every Christian! Best-selling author and popular speaker Chip Ingram explores what every Christian needs to know about Satan, demons, and the spiritual realm.
Based on the biblical model for Christianity, Living on the Edge challenges readers to experience Christianity the way God intended and provides an actual profile of a disciple of Jesus Christ that is relational, grace-based, faith-focused, practical, and measureable. A launching pad for a journey toward becoming a Christian who lives like Christ, this book provides questions and resources at the end of each chapter, as well as directions to continue on your journey through an interactive Web site, where the reader will discover clear spiritual pathways and personal coaching to make it over barriers.
Changing "Love" from a Noun to a Verb In our frantically driven, complex lifestyle, we suffer from fatigue, little margin, shallow relationships, and fractured families. As a result of this driven lifestyle, our souls are dis-eased--they have a lack of ease. This highly practical, comforting book maintains that it is possible to run the race at a different, more meaningful speed. Not only is it possible; it's absolutely necessary. The key to simplifying life, Chip Ingram says, is to make sure love is your #1 priority. Love redirects our focus and unravels the complex, overextended lifestyle that keeps us ever running but never arriving. In Spiritual Simplicity, Ingram explains how to change our love from a noun to a verb and choose to concentrate on what really matters: the people we love the most. Each chapter ends with probing questions to help you process, ponder, and discuss the life-giving principles laid out in this desperately needed book. *** If you crave simplicity, yearn for peace and calm, this book is for you. Through biblical teaching and practical insights, author Chip Ingram goes beyond so-called quick fixes and speaks to men and women who know what they need to do, want desperately to do it, but find it next to impossible to break free of the too many good and important things that flood their lives. The thesis of this book is very simple: Spiritual simplicity will never be achieved by strategic, managerial attempts to control our lives and schedules but through doing less because we love more. As you learn the practice of loving people, you will experience a shift from complex to simple, from hurried to peaceful, from "never enough time" to "time enough for those you love." Lasting change is within your reach.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.