- Table View
- List View
This memoir portrays the author's experiences and brings awareness that alcoholism and drug addiction will not deprive a person of a life. Gratitude, laughter and freedom are the inspiring gifts Ford received on recovery, which she illustrates in this book.
The autobiography of the wife of President Gerald Ford Raised in the midwest, once divorced, troubled by her husband's frequent absences, threatened by breast cancer, and for a moment lost within pills and alcohol, Betty Ford has lead a life that every woman knows is part of her life too-tender, tragic, happy, painful, and finally, triumphant. Now with all of her honesty, candor, and humor, Betty Ford tells of each public and private time of her life-sharing with you the very special and very moving life of a great American woman.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.