- Table View
- List View
Turn your app ideas into a money-making goldmineMore than 10 billion apps have been downloaded from Apple's AppStore and with the right combination of original ideas, great features, solid coding, unique designs, and savvy marketing, your apps could be a part of that staggering number. This book shows you how to turn your ideas into profit-making success stories. Citing a fascinating array of real-world examples, this useful book invites you to meet the rich and famous of the app development world. You'll look behind the scenes of these successful visionaries to learn their secrets first hand and discover how these "bedroom coders" became overnight millionaires. Serves as a must-have introduction to the fascinating, cutting-edge world of app design, where innovation reaps reward Shows you how to structure your app development process based on the Appillionaires who made their fortune Explores what works and what doesn't with regards to getting your app featured and enticing buyers Looks at successful apps such as Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Fruit Ninja, and many others that have taken the app world by stormIf you were unaware of the potential to make money from selling your apps, then app-arently, you really need this book!
Get in the game of developing successful apps for the iPadDesigning for the iPad presents unique challenges for developers and requires an entirely different mindset of elements to consider when creating apps. Written by a highly successful iPad software developer, this book teaches you how to think about the creation process differently when designing iPad apps and escorts you through the process of building applications that have the best chance for success. You'll learn how to take advantage of the iPad's exciting new features and tackle an array of new design challenges so that you can make your app look spectacular, work intuitively, and sell, sell, sell!Bestselling iPad app developer Chris Stevens shares insight and tips for creating a unique and sellable iPad appWalks you through sketching out an app, refining ideas, prototyping designs, organizing a collaborative project, and moreHighlights new code frameworks and discusses interface design choicesOffers insider advice on using the latest coding options to make your app a surefire successDetails iPad design philosophies, the difference between industrial and retail apps, and ways to design for multiple screen orientationsDesigning for the iPad escorts you through the steps of developing apps for the iPad, from pencil sketch all the way through to the iPad App Store.
Clever memory tips in a fun, classic package! Packaged like the New York Times bestselling "Best at Everything" series, this informative guide is full of tips and tricks for remembering everything from math and spelling rules to tricky science, history, and geography facts. A lovely gift from parent to child and a perfect learning companion to help any student who has ever struggled to remember his multiplication tables, the spelling of the word "Mississippi," or the names of the planets.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.