- Table View
- List View
Part of the perennially best-selling Quercus Digital Photography series, this comprehensive guide features everything you need to know to make a digital film, from conception to finished product. Using clear, step-by-step instruction, The Digital Filmmaking Handbook concisely illustrates the technical and creative challenges of digital filmmaking for novices and professionals alike, spanning topics from conception to execution: - Planning a shoot: how to make a storyboard - Set preparation: dressing and lighting a set - Principal photography: filming with HD and DSLR cameras--including the latest advice on equipment, accessories, and software - Advanced editing: software and practices - Post-production: digital effects and Packed with tips and tricks to develop both your creative vision and your technical know-how, The Digital Filmmaking Handbook is the ultimate resource for all your filmmaking needs. From the Trade Paperback edition.
On February 1, 2003, the nation was stunned to watch the shuttle Columbia disintegrate into a blue-green sky. Despite the numerous new reports surrounding the tragedy, the public remained largely unaware that three men, U.S. astronauts Donald Pettit and Kenneth Bowersox, and Russian flight engineer Nikolai Budarin, remained orbiting the earth. With the launch program suspended indefinitely, these astronauts, who were already near the end of a fourteen-week mission, had suddenly lost their ride home.Out of Orbit is the harrowing, behind-the-scenes chronicle of the efforts of beleaguered Mission Controls in Houston and Moscow who worked frantically against the clock to bring their men safely back to Earth, ultimately settling on a plan that felt, at best, like a long shot. Given that no shuttle could come for them, the astronauts' only hope for a return flight became a Russian-built Soyuz TMA-1 capsule, latched to the side of the space station--a piece of equipment roughly the equivalent of a "padded box attached to a parachute," with a troubled history (in 1971 a malfunction in the Soyuz 11 capsule left three Russian astronauts dead) and dated technology. Gripping and faced-paced, Out of Orbit is an adventure in outer space that will keep you on the edge of your seat. In a day and age when space travel is poised to become available to masses, Out of Orbit vividly captures both its hazardous realities and soaring majesty.
Out of Orbit: The True Story of How Three Astronauts Found Themselves Hundreds of Miles Above the Earth with No Way Homeby Chris Jones
An adventure set on the most dangerous frontier of all--outer space. In the nearly forty years since Neil Armstrong walked on the moon, space travel has come to be seen as a routine enterprise--at least until the shuttle "Columbia" disintegrated.
On February 1, 2003, ten astronauts were orbiting the planet. Seven headed back to Earth on the space shuttle Columbia. They never made it. And the three men left behind found themselves too far from home. Chris Jones chronicles the efforts of the beleaguered Mission Control in Houston and Moscow as they work frantically against the clock to bring their men safely back to Earth, ultimately settling on a plan that felt, at best, like a long shot. Yet even amid the danger, the call of space is a siren song, and Too Far From Home details beautifully the majesty and mystique of space travel, while reminding us all how perilous it is to soar beyond the sky.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.