- Table View
- List View
High dynamic range imaging (HDRI) takes photography to a whole new level. It opens the door to unprecedented creative freedom in digital post-processing by capturing everything from the darkest shadows to the brightest highlights. HDRI means truly lossless image editing, full exposure control, and the ability to master any scene's contrast without artificial lighting and preserve all light from a scene so it can be digitally revisited anytime in the future. Combined with panoramic photography, this captured light can even be used to render 3D objects with a deceivingly realistic appearance. In 2007, The HDRI Handbook was the first book to present this revolutionary new field to a larger audience. These days HDRI is a fully mature technology available to everyone. Real estate and landscape photographers have adopted it as part of their regular workflow, it has become one of the hottest trends for ambitious amateurs and creative professionals alike, and the modern movie industry would be completely dysfunctional without it. Now The HDRI Handbook 2. 0 redefines its own gold standard. It has been completely rewritten and is packed with practical hints and tips, background knowledge, reference tools, breathtaking artist portfolios, and inspiring interviews. The book includes dozens of new step-by-step tutorials, which are easy to follow with the material provided on the DVD. Beginners will get a methodically solid introduction and advanced readers will be able to refine their technique to perfection. Whether you are a photographer, CG artist, compositor, or cinematographer, this book is sure to enlighten you. Topics include: Understanding the foundation of HDRI HDR software comparisons and evaluations Capturing HDR images: today and tomorrow Tonemapping for creating superior prints HDR image processing and compositing Shooting and stitching HDR panoramas Image-based lighting and CG rendering 2. 0 updates include: New cameras, sensors, and HDR beamsplitter rigs Open Camera Controller for endless auto-bracketing Correct RAW pre-processing and ghost removal Dozens of practical, easy-to-follow tutorials A structured approach to tonemapping, inspired by Ansel Adams Set etiquette and tips for capturing HDR panos for visual effects Seven artist spotlights showing unique perspectives on HDRI Seven crossword puzzles: a fun way to test yourself A companion DVD loaded with goodies
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.